Friday, June 10, 2011

VC Rocks Blog Hop

This is Stop #6 on the blog hop . You have just come from Kristi Jaenisch - Stamping in the Moonlight
www.stampinginthemoonlight.blogspot.com

Welcome to my blog - here is the project i came up with ........... here is my completed card - layered - embossed - inked and embellished...





I created my own embossing template using the Daisy #2 die.




Here are the step-by-step instructions........

1. Make an embossing template using the Big Shot Daisy #2 die. Cut 5 pieces of card stock 5 1/2x6" - and cut 4 of them w/ daisy die. Place the uncut piece down then layer each cut piece on top - spread w/ Multipurpose Liquid Glue and use brayer to firmly attach each layer - let dry before using in the Big Shot.

2. Make base card - cut 1 piece of Real Red cardstock - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" - score at 4 1/4" and fold in half.

3. Cut a piece of DSP cut at 3 3/4 x 5" and attach to front of card.

4. Cut white cardstock 3 1/4 x 4 1/2" .





Add background color w/ sponge dauber or stamping sponge. Color used - Wild Wasabi. Let dry




5. Creat sandwich for Big Shot - multi-purpose platform, the template you made, stamped cardstock - colored side down , silicone pad, cutting pad - and run through the big shot.



6. Use sponge dauber and Melon Mambo ink to color raised flower petals. Use daffodil Delight for Flower centers.




7. Add texture w/ Distress Stickles - . Sprinkle with diamond dust .




8. When dry attach to front of card. Add sentiment to inside as desired.



Now - on to the next stop ... Barb Furlong The Love of Stamping http://www.theloveofstamping.com

16 comments:

  1. I love it. The colors are great.

    Carey Rogers
    aka Roscoe's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a flower person but this was too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea creating your own template! How fun is that! Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card. Cool technique. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Thanks for sharing!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tutorial for making an embossing template. I think I will try that soon. I appreciate your willingness to share with us. It looks like a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so funky cool! Cindy, you're a clever, clever girl. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tutorial! I've always seen this done the opposite, but yours looks even better. Wonderful colors and technique. TFS
    www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW I have never seen anything like that. I'm gonna have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like it, going to have to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card, thanks for the tutorial!

    Cindy Ferenz
    Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never thought of doing that, but I will keep your great tutorial!! Thanx for creating and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great directions for your technique - I may have to lift that idea!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your lovely card and the detailed tutorial - I had heard about creating your own embossing templates before but didn't really understand how, but now I do, thank you! StampinSu

    ReplyDelete